WBTRUTH

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Councilman-to-be Beth Gilbert: A Diamond in the rough

I was able to meet with Beth Gilbert for the first time this evening along with with her mom and fiance. Beth is an exceptionally gifted young woman. I planned an hour and we spoke for 2 1/2 hours.


Her knowledge of current issues and the mechanics of government went far beyond her schooling (double major at Wilkes). She already has impressed me with her fortitude and work ethic. She has a caring heart and will clearly be responsive to those with legitimate needs. I believe she is also bold enough not to be swayed by the dreadful gridlock and group think that has characterized council votes in the past.

If I had to giver her a rating it woild be A Plus.

I would also give an A Plus to Tony Brooks who is running for WB City Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment