Friday, August 15, 2014

Restored Church in WB... Howard Stern wannabes?

In a Times Leader article, The “Restored Church” is stooping to “Howard Stern” antics to get people to their church. What they are doing is highly offensive and blasphemous and I hope their congregants to can find a more reputable and classy church. These guys are neophytes and knuckleheads. The following represents my opinions. Times Leader link here.




See link for everything this crass church does not know here. (my web site)

(1)                  Blasphemy? They are posting a billboard that “God loves sex” (or… “He loves it”). Appropriate?

(2)                  Gay Bashing? They state that “God has a specific design for sex.” Which population do you think this is aimed at? Do you think that statement is edifying to anyone?

(3)                  Direct? They state they don’t want to be indirect… and then proceed to post an offensive message towards gays… and then say they are welcome! Make up your minds… either you are uneducated bigots or not.

(4)                  Gay population? They say they have an LGBT population of 100! I will eat my hat on public square if this is true.

(5)                  God’s Love Story? About Solomon? Who shared 1,000 woman?  The Restored Church is going to preach about sex from the Song of Songs (Solomon) from the Old Testament. I hope they preach that Solomon had 1,000 wives and concubines. He was a polygamist

     Next month they can study Warren Jeffs and Brigham Young! Nice. real Nice.

    Song of Songs   6:8  
"Sixty queens (wives) there may be,"Sixty queens (wives) there may be, and eighty concubines (of Solomon), and virgins beyond number..."   

1 Kings Chapter 11:3-6 (more about Solomon... the one whose "sexual design" we are to follow)

"He (Solomon) had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God... and he followed the detestable god of the Ammonites. So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD."


Back to homosexuality. It was in fact scorned in the bible. This scorn was aimed at activity between “emperors with slave boys” and “the raping of men defeated in battle”  and “(heterosexual) males burning with lust and acting unnaturally.” EVERYTHING IS DIRECTED TOWARDS HETEROSEXUALS.

Nowhere in the bible is homosexual “orientation” or “identity” ever mentioned. I know this because the bible never uses these words and because “homosexual orientation” was fist publicized 145 years ago by a Hungarian doctor.

My offer stands: Find me a bible verse that addresses “gay orientation” and I will give you $1,000. Pope Francis weighed in on this issue when he said, “Who am I to say?” regarding his stance on gays. He said this because he knows that bible is silent on this issue. But I guess you guys are wiser than the pope.

Do your homework.

Disclaimer: I am a “straight ally” for gays. I speak out because people I care about are gay and I hate to see any group unfairly oppressed.