WBTRUTH

Thursday, January 1, 2015

WHY WE SHOULD SUPPORT WILKES-BARRE PD

This may seem like an odd blog post coming from a past critic of the police... but as I once heard... 

IF I AM RIGHTEOUSLY MAD AT SOMEONE FOR A YEAR - THAT IS LIKELY THEIR PROBLEM.

IF I AM MAD AFTER THREE YEARS - THEN IT IS MY PROBLEM. 

So with that... I ask for public WBPD support for the following reasons:

1) They have not embarrassed themselves through excessive force.

2) They face evil every day in the form of drug addicts and dealers. 

Recent experience: When helping the lady in Times leader (the one who experienced the 24 hour transformation)... I bumped into an "opportunity seeker" (druggy) who appeared showed up because she "smelled some prosperity." She didn't want any pictures taken (even of the 9 bags of Christmas gifts). She acted like she owned the place... as if there was a warrant out for her arrest. Using this experience, I reflected on the horrible, nasty, and dangerous people the WBPD deals with every day. The low of the low in the valley.

3) Since the new chief (Hughes) took over - more information has been turned over to the press. Transparency is good.

4) An FBI agent who I trust told me there are only a few bad actors and most of the dept is very good. 

5) For the risks they take... they ARE VASTLY UNDERPAID. I am so afraid something will go wrong at Sherman Hills. The risk premium they carry should have them making at least $90,000 per year (what our neophyte/connected city manager Barrouk makes).

6) One officer who I had issues with (but have been told is a good guy) is fighting a very serious illness. He is inside and not outside my heart.

7) They did not cover up the recent DUI of a Magistrate's son.

8) They ultimately have to report to Leighton. Can you imagine? Some have been forced to drive him home when he has been wasted. Thank the Lord for union protection. 

They had to work for an impaired chief for a decade... one who threw "parties" at the station. Note to King's community: "You are no longer safe." Priests are good at moving people around and hiding them.

All of the cops had to live for over a decade with these questions:
A) How much should I protect LAG?
B) If I don't play along... am I not a team player?
C) If I were to speak up... is my next job as security guard at Sheetz?

No employee, especially police, should ever be put in this situation.

10) Pashinski and Cartwright have turned their backs on the WBPD. What ever happened to the Sherman Hills advisory committee?

Since Leighton, Cartwright, and Pashinski seem to feel that police safety is not important (... as Cartwright finds time to pose in front of the White House Christmas tree with his pretentious, ambulance-chasing wife)...  I spent $102 to get inspection records (30 day mandatory wait for adversaries of Leighton) at Sherman Hills. There was already a federal raid on Sherman Hills and Leighton's near complete refusal to inspect the place raises very dark questions about him. (Did you know that "Tree top" and Sherman Hills are the same entity? They sold "themselves" to "themselves?"  I hope the FBI is reading this.)

What needs to happen:
1) Inspections and audits of all units
2) If a unit is rented to "Mary Jones" and what's found there are men's underwear and extra large hoodies (... and roach clips, beer cans, crack stems, and a meth lab)... then these items need to be bagged and thrown outside with a one-way ticket to the Bronx.

Period. 

I will openly share any progress I make.



No comments:

Post a Comment