Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kudos to Casey (WB Officer Casey)

I have held off on "talking up" WB officials that I consider to be consummate professionals. The cartoon below describes typically what I would expect... but not with Officer Casey.


I have prolonged writing compliments towards officers because, in this environment, me liking them could hurt them. The Heck with it. I will be silent no more.

The good cops have unions to protect them and quite honestly... Dessoye's and Leighton's days are numbered. Their corruption has rattled through the corridors of the state police, FBI, and Harrisburg. One question...

So when will you reveal your your thorough
study (cough!) on LAG, Mayor Leighton?

Legitimate study?
or Corrupted?

You cross the line that easily!
I don't think you even see the line!

Back to my commendation of WB Officer Casey

It was late at night and I was sitting at a light to get on Carey Avenue. I was at a very long red light. My mind's clock said it was time to accelerate even though the light hadn't turned. I took a left turn right through a red light. Police lights were immediately behind me.

I was ready for... chest thumping... swearing... even lying... but instead I heard a calm voice say, "Good evening, this is Officer Casey."

Are you kidding me! The first thing he did was give me his name. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. 

He showed extreme patience while I looked for license, insurance etc..

I didn't ask for a break. He didn't offer one. Fair is fair. I like it that way.

He was a gentleman and a professional... and they could have used his stop of me for a police training video. Officer Casey, you restored some faith back in me. I wish I could say all... but that wouldn't be the truth.

I have been meaning to write this for some time and feel that now is the time. Thank you.