SUBMITTED: Sep 6, 2019
COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST:
Legal Name = BROWARD HUMAN TRAFFICKING COALITION, INC. A Florida 501(c)(3) (referred to also as BHTC)
The Broward Human Trafficking Coalition (BHTC) is an alleged anti sex trafficking nonprofit. The BHTC has failed to abide by Florida law by not submitting financial disclosures (form 990) for 3 years or more. Failures include years 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, to the present.
This nonprofit is operating illegally by accepting donations and holding fundraisers and not reporting financials.
The BHTC is siphoning money from legitimate anti sex trafficking nonprofits who follow the law.
There is no pecuniary or financial accountability and there is no indication as to where how or where money is spent and by whom. This matter is particularly egregious given that victims of human sex trafficking are not receiving money that is desperately needed.
The remedy (by Florida law) is that they lose their
501(c)(3) status immediately.
Business Address: 219 SW 4TH ST DEERFIELD BEACH Florida 33441-4605
Mailing Address: 1007 N FEDERAL HWY # 15 FORT LAUDERDALE Florida 33304-1422
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fictitious Names = BROWARD HUMAN TRAFFICKING COALITION
President: Jumorrow Tera Johnson
General Information on BHTC
Charity Navigator LINK
|Reporting of Financials are required ANNUALLY.|
|Failure to report 3 consecutive years results in forfeiture of nonprofit status.|
The form to be filled out annually is called the "990."
The BHTC last posted a 990 for year 2012
|990 ever submitted ?|
|Guide Star||No see LINK||https://www.guidestar.org/profile/45-5015255|
|No see LINK||https://csapp.800helpfla.com/CSPublicApp/CheckACharity/CheckACharity.aspx|
|Charity Watch||No see LINK||https://www.charitywatch.org/home|
|Give.org (part of BBB)||No see LINK|
|only in year 2012 LINK||https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=455015255|
|990 filed in 2012 LINK||https://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/455/455015255/455015255_201212_990EZ.pdf|
The Department Head Nikki Fried is familiar w this case / corp.
Site = NewBeginningstlc.org NB
(1) Fabricated their revenues, expenses, and their entire 990's. This is provable because their previous submissions represent different figures and were incomplete.
(2) NB has laundered money through the Lippman Youth Center (Fort Lauderdale) from which they receive taxable revenue. The Lippman Youth Center is alleged to be a safe haven for distressed and/or sex trafficked youth.
(3) NB also receives immense cash flow from the illegal activity of SEX TRAFFICKING youth (who arrive with no adult guardians) & fly in from Asia and Europe. Their nonprofit is a shell to protect this criminal activity.
(4) NB misrepresents their business NTEE code and classification. They claim to be a Public Health Program with code E70. However this classification does not describe their stated / alleged activity (NewBeginningstlc.org) that they are a PRIVATE surgical recovery center.
(5) Their alleged surgical recovery center claims that 900 youth have received top only surgery (breast removal) for transgender youth (females to become males) for $10,000 which is UNTENABLE. It is also UNTENABLE that patients would travel thousands of miles for routine same day surgery. There is NO RECOVERY for this surgery. They cannot be who they claim to be so all 990's are fraudulent. SEE: WBTRUTH.BLOGSPOT.COM and click on New Beginnings in Table of Contents. Statistical proof provided re: sex trafficking.
PAVING THE WAY